3 March 2013

A weekend to remember...

Happy Monday lovers and dreamers!

What an exciting weekend that just passed. It definitely made up for my last 2 weekends spent sick in bed.
On Friday evening, the Australian Red Cross Blood Service gang and I headed down to Southbank Donor Centre to film our very own Harlem Shake video. Yes a lot of people despise any Harlem Shakes but I find them absolutely hilarious and thought it would be a great idea to get our mascot Billy the Blood Drop involved in this viral sensation. It was a HUGE success and I'm so close to finishing the video!
A lot of the 'stars' were amused by my huge collection of crazy costumes and props and asked where on earth I got them all from! They were a little shocked when I told them they were my everyday clothes from my wardrobe...
You can find the video on the Australian Red Cross Blood Service website and the Facebook in the next couple of weeks.
If you are interested in donating blood, click the same link above and book in. Each donation can help save up to 3 lives and really is an incredible feeling. 1 in 3 people will need a blood transfusion at some stage in their life, and only 1 in 30 people will donate. If you know someone that has ever needed a blood transfusion, a friend or relative, you can help by donating knowing that you're saving someones life, or helping a mother bring another life into this world.

After the shoot I headed to Rice Queen on Brunswick street for birthday cocks.. Rice Queen is incredible. The cocktails, the food and the whole layout and furnishings is beautiful. It's one of those places I would always walk past and say "I have to go there one day its looks amaze"

Saturday morning I had my 7th session to get tattooed. I'm currently working on building up half a sleeve on my left arm and so far its looking great. With my Wolf obsession, I thought I would get a wolf tattoo. Its a portrait that I found on google and I made a few tweaks to it to get it looking how I wanted and my tattooist did the best job. Check out their website HERE they are some great artists... My artist is Pabs and I will never stray..

Then, I had another birthday at Naked in the Sky, which is above Naked for Satan on the corner of Brunswick and Johnston streets in Fitzroy. I cannot believe I hadn't been there yet. So many times my friends had gone for drinks and I always thought 'where is this place'!? The name alone is very inviting.
Well it was more than what I expected and I will definitely be returning soon although the line to get up is a bit of a drag but worth the wait none the less!


Then, not so surprisingly, Sunday was spent hungover devouring my favourite breakfast at my favourite breakfast cafe Gypsy Hideout on High Street Northcote (opposite Westgarth theatre) then back home to bed, movies and cuddles.
I was supposed to get my drink on with the girls at the Brunswick Music Festival on Sydney Road but I think my body would have gone into overload and become an alcoholic carcass.

Hope you had a lovely weekend!










No comments:

Post a Comment