11 March 2013

A very blue future...

What a disgustingly beautiful hot day.. 36 degrees and still climbing it feels.
I hope you all enjoyed your long weekend!

I spent the Friday night having dinner at Little Creatures Dining Hall on Brunswick Street... deeelish but overpriced if you asked me... and do NOT order the lamb ribs. It is 80% fat.
I then continued on my way home to fall asleep by 11pm. I am a real party animal :/
The Saturday I spent eating THE most amazing breakfast at Gypsy Hideout on High Street Northcote, followed by a short bush walk through the Yarra Boulevard Parklands to see the thousands of sleeping bats. It was incredible getting up close to the 'scary' flying creatures.

Sunday was THE day of Future Music Festival. Although I would have LOVED to attend, I feel as though this old lass has had her partying days and I opt to work behind the bar instead (this way I get paid and get in for free and party afterwards)
I started at 1130am and finished by 7pm and STILL got to see my one and only Azealia Banks...
We were working on the bar right in front of her stage so I ran away from the customers and snuck with the bar manager into the front pit in front of the stage where only photographers and security are allowed to stand... I felt pretty special watching her from so close and was NOT envious of the thousands of people crammed behind the fence... (its a bit of a crap photo but my life is somewhat complete now)

I bumped into my good friend Dan Livingstone who musically is climbing the ladder so quickly and I'm so proud of him. He is the vocalist for one of Andy Murphy's semi new track 'Let's Go All In'


Please excuse my facial expression. I was smiling mid pouting

I thought it would be a different idea to channel Gwen Stefani circa 1990's and colour my entire hair bright blue and wear bindis and face jewells like she did below...


I think I turned out quite well but let me tell you, coloured hair spray and sweat DO NOT mix! I did a fantastic job with the glitter eye makeup, the jewells and the bindis, my hair looked uber cute to start with, then I went hectic all out and added the flowers. At first I thought it would be too much but this is the only type of situation I like to use YOLO!

At the start of the day, I got to the wrong staff entrance at Epsom Road tram stop and was directed ALL the way around to the train station entrance. A good 20 minute walk.. in 30 deg heat it's not ideal. Especially when you have temporary coloured hair spray in.
By the time I got to the staff entrance, most of my little crystals had fallen off my face, and, embarrassingly I was dripping blue sweat. Down my forehead, sideburns and neck. I was freaking out that I would not stop sweating all day and I would have to suffer with being that Smurf-a-like bartender at Future.
But, after rolls and rolls of toilet paper, and being put on the bar underneath cover (I was under the First Class section) I cooled down and stopped blu-eeding.

All in all I had a great day serving drunken idiots and seeing lots of people I haven't seen in years and to end the night we watched Bloc Party who were, not surprisingly, incredible.

Love love love
Smurfy smurf



No comments:

Post a Comment