31 January 2013

Turning back the clock 15 years...

So... the other week I was in a short film that was set in the 90s. Bjork, Backstreet Boys and S Club 7 days. I was reminiscing on how it was the best, fake house party I'd been to as we had to mosh pit around the lounge room, in the craziest 90s outfits to the sounds of Nirvana and Steps. It then sent me into a spiral of google imaging and tumblr'ing and all sorts on the Spice Girls.
They were my MOST favourite pop group in the 90s and I thought I would take you all on a little trip down memory lane...
From lollipops to video games these girls were my idols and I cannot tell you how hard I tried to be Sporty Spice. Although shes not quite my favourite Spice sister now, I would dress like her and do my hair like her every day. I even asked my mum to make me a pair of crushed velvet flairs (oh how I wish I still had them now) and I would wear it with tiny grey crop tops and runners and as stupid as is seems now, I used to practice perfecting her autograph so I could 'sign' photos of 'myself' when my friends and I would play Spice Girls dress ups.
Those were the days, when you have arguments with your best friend who was obsessed with Hanson and you would debate why the 3 blonde haired brothers were way better than Scary, Sporty, Baby, Posh and Ginger.
At primary school during recess and lunch time, we would beg our arts teachers to use the art room so we could choreograph the Spice Girls dance moves. Wow.
I miss those days and would donate my kidney to relive them for a night.... I'm thinking whipping out the 'Tiny Little Buns' hairstyle that Scary and Bjork have rocked AND I am desperately now on the hunt for white platform runners....

Scary Spice/Melanie Brown - Now famous for Jenny Craig weight loss and her judging on Australian Talent shows 

Posh Spice/Victoria Adams now Victoria Beckham - Currently recognised for her amazing clothing label and popping out boys with David Beckham

Sporty Spice/Melanie Chisholm - Since leaving the Spice Girls has made 6 Albums and sold millions

Baby Spice/Emma Bunton - Has release a couple of Albums and hit singles and is now focusing more on Radio and Television work

Ginger Spice/Geri Halliwell - Released a couple albums, starred in a UK Documentary, wrote a biography, judged on Popstars and the X factor, released 2 Yoga DVDs, has a contract for writing children's books AND will be releasing her own Bikini line.

SPICE GIRLS BARBIES! I think I owned all of them but so wish I kept them all perfect and in tact.

Yup! Spice Girl deodorant. I went through cans of this stuff
For Christmas one year my mum bought me a whole bucket of Spice Girl lollipops..
I remember having this but hardly remember if it was any good or not... I don't think game wise it was much of hit

No comments:

Post a Comment